Alliance projects focus on regions in which cervical cancer incidence and mortality are highest: sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and South Asia. Alliance-funded research and demonstration projects are underway in Bolivia, El Salvador, Ghana, India, Kenya, Malawi, Peru, South Africa, and Thailand, among other countries.
Find out more:
Highlights of Alliance Work
Innovative approaches to screening and treatment of precancerous cervical lesions.
Alliance work includes:
- Exploring new approaches for detection of precancerous lesions.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of combined detection and treatment approaches.
- Improving delivery of cervical cancer prevention services.
- Developing the means by which clinicians can be trained in providing quality cervical cancer prevention services.
- Assessing what women and health care providers need to know about cervical cancer prevention.
- Preparing key information packages for health care decision-makers.
- Providing small grants to local agencies working on cervical cancer prevention in their communities.
For general information on cervical cancer, visit the RHO Cervical Cancer website.
This page displays best in a browser that supports current web standards, but all content is accessible via any web device.